God's Will and Promise

 Greetings to whomever is taking the time to read this, thank you. I pray all is well with you, your family, friends, and your health.  On March 2020,  the world changed forever in a sense.  At that time it seemed the world stood still.  I know that standing still is depending on ones' perspective.  But, the changes that arose caused many people to react differently. As a result, a lot of uncertainty and confusion ensued which brought about many changes in our day to day lives.  With change comes fear of the unknown.  My first reaction to the news of the COVID-19 virus was to pray and find ways to hone my fears to protect my family and friends.  

 Philippians 4:6-7 says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Background

I am a retired Air Force Veteran, wife, and Mother. I have a Bachelors in Public Administration.  Spring 2016, I completed Liberty University's Masters/ Graduate program. I secured my graduate degree in Public Health with a concentration in Nutrition. Because of my background in Public Health,  I was compelled to protect my family, friends, and community in some small way from sub-coming to COVID-19.  I never thought my contribution would be making masks, researching filters, and conversing with people on the importance of using masks in lieu of a safe, efficient, and cost effective COVID-19 vaccination.  I know wearing masks is a controversial topic. But, masks are helping to reduce spread within some communities throughout the World. If you do not agree, please feel free to read on.  But, know I do not wish to persuade you nor anyone else who does not share my beliefs. 

Sewing History

Prior to May 2020, I used a sewing machine that my Mother-In-Law gifted me for Christmas 2010 only a hand full of times.  At that time, I was very interested in making curtains for our home. However, I did not have the patience to learn how to using a sewing machine.  But I managed to alter two pair of jeans for my daughter.  Shortly after those alterations, the needle broke. As a result, I gifted the machine to my daughter who later donated.  

After watching World News in 2020 and praying for a way I can help those I love. I decided I should order a few masks for my family and extended family.  The cost and amount I needed to send outweighed my ability to do so.  After praying and researching materials, I decided to invest in some fabric and a sewing machine. The journey to today wasn't easy but with a supportive family and God Blessing me with his Grace and Mercy, I have created, gifted, and mailed at least 200 masks to may family and friends.   

Selling Masks

I am not a seamstress, but I asked God to grant me serenity, peace, and patience to learn the craft to help my high risk family and friends. I never expected anyone outside my family and loved ones to have an interest in my masks.  But, I have learned when God is in the mist His Will must be done. This was confirmed each day, because I fought making masks and the belief that my masks had value or were special in any way. However, each day my family members wore their masks they were approached by many people daily.  The popular questions were who made them, where can they be purchased, and how much do they cost?  

God's Will

If you are here because of my Mother or any other family member that wore the mask and you were interested, thank you so much you are truly appreciated.

Nevertheless, because of the consistent interest in my mask, I decided to step out on Faith and let God lead me on this journey. At first I did not connect how my degree in Public Health would mesh with the continual ongoing crisis the world finds itself in.  But now I see clearly what God has displayed before me.  It feels odd to write, but I know I am on the path God has set for me regardless of where that will take me.  As a result, I decided to start selling my Non-Christian masks for $8 each, Christian flat masks for $10 each, and Pleated Masks for $11- $14 depending on materials.  Shipping and handling will be an additional cost.  Shipping expenses will vary between $5- $35 dollars and is dependent on the purchase quantity. Each mask purchase will include 3 Filters and 1 mask. 

Mask Care

Please Wash Masks in Cold and soapy water. Then Air Dry daily.

Filter Inserts can be washed up to 14x or discard once misshapen. N95 masks can be insert into the pocked instead of the filter if you prefer.  

Warning: The masks and filters do not prevent disease but may aid in slowing the spread of disease. Please follow CDC, local, and federal guidelines to protect your health. 

Thank you

This is my first post in a few years. So, I am unsure if I will do this correctly please be patient with me as I attempt to post this and insert photosIf you are still reading this, thank you so much and may God Bless you.  If you would like to contact me for business purposes my email address is glorious.textiles1@gmail.com.  May God protect you and grant you Mercy, Love, and Peace this day and always.


Masks:

A. Masks Examples Flat and Pleats








B. Back of Masks has a pocket to insert N95 Masks or Filters




Have A Blessed Day (Hugs) 

Comments